Packing tips for your Hollywood moving
If you are one of the thousands who have had to pick up all your belongings and move to a new location, in this case the amazing Hollywood, these moving and packing tips and tricks could be life saving!
Prepare to move to Hollywood
If you are moving to Hollywood and have already found your new house, now it is time to prepare moving your home. The first thing you should do is to get organized early on. This is the first step in this stressful and turbulent process. Figure out the number of days before moving and plan on to use these days to avoid any chaos. Create a list that assigns each day or week to accomplish all the tasks. The point is to manage making a smooth and quick move to the City of Hollywood. Also, you should figure out how you will move. Unless you have any friends or family to help you move, you will need help from a moving company. Make sure to get estimates and schedule your move on time. Inform them well about the nature, size and number of your belongings you require them to move.
Packing tips to make the moving process easier:
- Sell or donate. If you have more things than you need or know, this tip is for you! Separate all your things in these 3 groups. You can organize a yard sale or put your belongings on sale online. Also, you can donate things that are in fairly good condition to charity or even to your friends and family. For all the things you need to take with you, you need to make sure you have boxes that are good enough to pack them in.
- Make a packing checklist. This will make all the difference and make your moving house really easy. Make a list of all the articles you place in each box. You could label and number them as Books, DVD’s or shoes etc. Make sure you pack them in a way that will make unpacking easier. This is one of the tricks for successful packing without chaos.
- Have a tactic when packing. Organize your belongings according to the moment you will use them. For example, have one bag with all the necessary articles you will need on the day of the move. Make sure you pack articles like toiletries, fresh pair of clothes and electronics like your smart phone or laptop with cables. Also, if its summer time, pack all your winter things separately so you do not have to sort them again when unpacking.
- Packing tip for electronics. Take a photo of the arrangement of cables behind all your electrical appliances so that it saves you time from figuring them out while unpacking.
The best ways to pack your clothing
Looking at your closet and thinking about how to pack all of the things that you have? Clothes are usually one of the types of things everybody moves. But where do you start from? How do you do it? Here are some tips on how to select what clothes to take and how to move them. The most difficult thing about every move usually is how and where to begin.
We will tell you what you need to know to prepare for your move to Hollywood and make it easier
- Make the plan of the packing materials – Calculate how much and what sort of items you will be moving so that you can get enough boxes, tape and bags. It is unnecessary to run to the store in the last minute just because you ran out of packing supplies. So be ready and get everything in advance.
- Decide if you will move your clothes with hangers –
If this is what you want, then you could consider getting moving boxes for clothes on hangers. Just take out your clothes and move them to the box. These wardrobe boxes are very convenient because they are quick to pack and unpack. There you can place clothes that need ironing, and you could fold the rest up and put it in boxes.
- Begin with packing on time – You do not want to be left with just a couple of hours in the end of the moving day to start packing clothes. So, begin early! Sort out clothes that are out of season or that you will not use until after the relocation and begin putting them in boxes. Work little by little in the evenings and this will make your move less stressful for sure!
- Do not overload your boxes – If you are suspicious that there will be enough boxes for the rest of your clothes, it may occur to you to just try and jam them all in. But this could break the boxes and make a huge mess. So, think about vacuum or garbage bags as a last minute resort, and if that does not work, just run to the store and get some more boxes.
- Use your own packing supplies – You can also use your suitcases for packing clothes. If you have travel bags and suitcase, just take them out and fill them in. There is no point on moving them empty anyway.
Let’s get to the actual packing!
When packing your clothing, you’ll need a few materials:
- Wardrobe carton
- Stack of clean packing paper or unprinted newsprint
- Roll of packing tape
- Permanent marker
What to do with hanging items?
The first packing method is about hanging items. Those clothes should be packed in a wardrobe carton. Assemble the carton, and put the included bar into place. Any hanging items, like drapes, shower curtains, and clothing can all be hung in these boxes. You will probably want to hang clothes as they are in the closet. Simply transfer them, still on their hangers, directly onto the bar of the wardrobe carton.
Clothing that is already packed in storage containers and dressers
If you have clothing that is already packed in storage containers, check to make sure there is nothing else in there that might get damaged. Then simply tape the containers up as is. Clothing in dressers and drawers can be left there with some packing paper laid on top. Also, it can be boxed. If you choose the second option, line the bottom of a 4.5-cubic-foot carton with packing paper. Then lay neatly-folded clothes in single layers. After each layer, place a sheet of packing paper on top before starting the next one. Once you have filled the carton, place one final layer of packing paper on top of everything as cushioning. Finally, seal the box with tape. Take out your permanent marker and label each box with its contents.