Moving to the Sunshine State 101
So, you’ve decided you’ll be moving to the Sunshine State. And who can blame you? Florida has a lot to offer, and it’s basically too much to list. The beaches. The sun. The nightlife. The Sunshine State has it all – you’ve vacationed there, you’ve loved it, so why not take the final leap and move there?
There is a lot to consider for your move to the Sunshine State. You should pick the best city for you! Maybe it’s one of the best cities in South Florida? Decide on what you want out of your Florida move, and make sure to check all options. It’s important to know what kind of experience you want and move accordingly. For example, if you hate nightlife and partying, Miami’s South Beach seems like an ill fit for you. Only you can answer which city is perfect for you, so don’t be afraid to research and recon.
What are the benefits of moving to the Sunshine State?
Maybe you’re not completely set on moving to the Sunshine State. Maybe you are, and just need to justify it to your partner, or to yourself. Well, there are a lot of reasons one might move to the Sunshine State, and only a fraction is listed below.
- No state income tax! That’s right, you didn’t misread. Florida really doesn’t have a state income tax, and its’ rates for sales and property taxes are fairly low. You’ll experience a financial renaissance by moving to Florida for sure!
- The Sunshine State has the best beaches in America. And if you’re moving to the Sunshine State, relaxation and luxury are merely a car trip away!
- You can’t mention Florida without mentioning Disney World. No matter if you have children or are just a child at heart, Disney World is a magical place sure to lure anyone in. Being a local means you can visit Disney World in its offseason, meaning you don’t have to jostle a sea of tourists to get what you want. Also, you won’t have to cram everything in one trip.
- Florida is a paradise for sports fanatics. Florida is home to ten major sports teams and many minor ones. Not only that, but Florida can boast of hosting the Daytona 500, a famous NASCAR event!
- Artistic types shouldn’t feel left out. Florida has a vibrant art community, with many festivals and events. There is something for everyone!
Which city will you call home when moving to the Sunshine State?
Florida welcomes people from all walks of life. You’re sure to find open-minded, accepting people wherever you go. The only question that remains is this: where do you want to go? You might need to research the right city for you, but it’s far from wasted time. It’s important to do your research before starting this new chapter in your life.
You might want to start a new life in Miami. Or you might want to find a sleepy town instead, and fill your days with the waves and the sand. Maybe you’re looking for a peaceful place to raise a family. In that case, Weston or Valrico are both excellent choices. Due to a lot of families settling down in Weston, the city’s schools are impeccable. It’s considered one of the best places to raise kids in! And Valrico is impressively secure, with a seriously low crime rate.
Get a Florida drivers license!
It’s useful to come prepared. If you want to drive when moving to the Sunshine State, it’s important to obtain a driver’s license from Florida. You’ll need insurance information, your old license (if any) and proof of residency. To speed up that process, you can easily fill out the needed paperwork online. Thank God for technology!
Research the weather in Florida – so you know exactly what to bring with you
There is a reason they call Florida the Sunshine State, and it isn’t to be ironic. The weather in Florida is a wonderfully warm year long! Not only that, but Florida has the mildest winters in the continental part of the USA. The average temperature in December is a whopping 61°F, and the lows dip down only to 50°F! Yes, that’s right, you have no need for fur coats and warm winter jackets. Mittens and woolen socks? Who needs them! If you’re moving to the Sunshine State, feel free to exchange your winter gear for another swimsuit, because you can totally hit the beach in December.
Moving to the Sunshine State is easier with an experienced moving company!
Though the Sunshine State is stress-free, moving there usually isn’t. However, picking reputable professionals will definitely relieve you of stress! Moving with reputable movers is better than going at it alone – a team of dedicated professionals knows a lot more than a layperson. Especially if you’re moving to the Sunshine state from somewhere far! You’ll feel way better when you let professionals help you with your long distance relocation.
Florida is a place of relaxation, so why not start your new stress-free life with the move? A team of professionals will take over and sort all the issues, leaving you to focus on other things. Good movers will do their best to make sure your move is completely stress-free!
A good moving company can help you with a lot of things. You might have a look at these quality moving services at affordable rates, and decide what works for you! This wide range of moving services includes packing, residential and commercial moving, as well as moving specialized items like pianos and furniture. You can hire professionals to take care of every aspect of moving to the Sunshine State, and just kick back and relax.