NYC vs NJ – where to live?
It is time to move, and you are choosing between New York City and New Jersey. NYC is near NJ, so when it comes to location and the weather, it is very similar. But everything else is very different. From the costs of living to lifestyle and tradition. The battle between NYC vs NJ is serious and we believe it is hard to pick. That is why you will need a little help and facts about these two special and unique places.
NYC vs NJ – how to choose?
The first thing to know is how to choose and make the right decision. You need to set your priorities first and to calculate your budget for moving and living. To prepare for a move to NYC or NJ is similar if you are not from these places. Moving costs and packing will be similar. Answer these questions:
- How much money can I spend per month and what is my budget?
- Do I want to start a family in the near future?
- Where the job opportunities are bigger – NYC vs NJ?
- What are my expectations in life?
- What is my priority – family life or career life?
- Housing options in these two places and the costs of buying/renting?
- How big of a home do I need?
Hiring a company for moving to NY and NJ area
Whether you pick New Jersey or New York City, one thing is sure – you will need a moving company to help you move with ease.
Do research about movers in this area and make sure to hire the best one. U. Santini Moving and Storage Brooklyn is one of the companies that can help you relocate among many others. No one said moving is going to be an easy task. It will be one of the stressful and hardest life events, but with the right tips, guide, and professional help, it could be easy.
Get recommendations, search online, read online moving reviews, get moving quotes, ask for references, etc. Check every detail about the company before you get in the business with them.
Pros and cons of living in NYC
Before you move and start a new life in New York, you should have all the info. Moving to NYC has pros and cons, like any other city in the world. If you have more pros than cons, it is a good sign for NYC and you have great chances to enjoy your life there.
- A lot of job opportunities in arts, PR, marketing, film, food industry, etc.
- NYC is everything but not boring. This city truly never sleeps.
- The food is amazing and you will be able to try food from almost every country in the world.
- Public transportation is great and it may take you anywhere you want.
- The airport is big so you will have direct flights to most countries in the world.
- Everything will be at your fingertips – food delivery at 3 am, fresh donuts at 6 am no matter what the season in the year is.
- One of the major cons is the high costs of living. NYC is known for its high standard and expensive things.
- Neighbors usually don’t know each other and people are not that friendly.
- Traffic is crazy and there are people everywhere. Crowd and noise are part of life.
- Even if there are many people especially tourists, many residents feel lonely.
- Winters and falls are long and cold If you are not a fan of colder weather, NY is not for you. But NJ has similar weather too.
- Apartments are small and expensive, that’s why many people are renting storage space for your possessions in NY.
Pros and cons of living in NJ
Living in NJ also has bad and good sides. If it is a long-distance move, for example, you are moving to New Jersey from Hollywood, then the moving preparations will be hard. But, when you know what to expect, it should be much easier. Especially after the move, when it is time to adjust to a new life.
- Lower costs of living than in NYC but still you will be near Big Apple.
- The crime rate is low, so if you want to pick a safe place for your family, NJ is one of the places to consider.
- Easy access to art and culture.
- You will experience all 4 seasons in a year – winter, summer, fall, and spring.
- It has more parking spaces than NYC. If you love to drive a car, you should avoid NYC.
- The beach is long and beautiful option to spend time with friends and family.
- The taxes are very high, it is one of the main reasons why people can’t afford to buy a home in NJ.
- Yes, costs are lower than in NC, but they are still high.
- Students have lower scores in schools.
- Quality of health care is not the best in the country.
- If you love hot weather as it is in Florida, of California, this area is definitely not for you. NYC vs NJ – when it comes to weather, they are similar.
- 1 out of 4 residents said that NJ is the best place to live in.
And now when you have all the information about living in these two beautiful places, you should decide quickly. NYC vs NJ – only you can pick and what is better mostly depends on you, your lifestyle and priorities in life. One of the major factors and concerns is money. Sometimes it is the deciding factor. Choose wisely and list all the disadvantages and advantages of living there. We hope we helped you a little bit with our list and facts.