Moving to Los Angeles with kids
If you are considering moving to Los Angeles with kids, then you will have a lot of responsibilities and work to do – before and after moving too. If you need tips and someone to help you prepare for this life event, you are in the right place.
Best neighborhoods in LA for families and kids
Where to live in LA with kids? Find a safe place with good schools and parks. If you have a pet too, you should choose a family-friendly and pet-friendly LA neighborhoods at the same time, 2 in 1.
- Eagle Rock
- Culver City
- Los Feliz
- Santa Monica
- San Marino
What to know about LA before moving there with family?
Before you move to LA, do research.
- The education system and schools are very good in LA, both – public and private schools. Private schools are very expensive here, so consider all the options before move here.
- LA is not an inexpensive city, it is one of the most expensive in the USA. Start to save money before you move there and be prepared for the high costs of living.
- Temperatures are high, which is a pro and a con, at the same time. During the summer months, most people try not to go out during the day. But, the rest of the year is amazing.
- The crime rate varies from neighborhood to neighborhood.
Guide for moving to Los Angeles with kids
Moving with kids for the first time is hard for you and them too, no matter how old they are.
- Make a checklist for moving with kids, and stick to the schedule.
- If your kids are old enough, talk to them about relocation. Don’t wait to tell them, it will just make the situation worse. Communication between parents and kids is the key to every life situation.
- Involve them in the process. Let them help you pack, choose a new home, a moving company, etc.
- Establish a routine right after moving to Los Angeles with kids and try to keep the routine during moving too. Eating on time, sleeping on time, studying, etc.
- Help them meet new friends and adjust to a new environment.
- Spend time with your kids after moving, Loa Angeles has many family-friendly places to visit.
Find moving assistance when moving with kids to LA
To spend more time with your kids when moving and to finish everything on time, you should choose the right moving assistance to help you out. A reliable moving company will move all your items to LA (and pack them if you want to).
Research moving companies and book them early when moving to Los Angeles with kids. Especially if it is a long-distance move, and you have never been to California. Having an experienced mover on your side will have your California relocation easy and smooth.